Thursday, August 9, 2007

Fresh music for August Minds

Another wide swath of music and stuff has been added to the new playlist at OlioRadio. Familiar names mingle with the unfamiliar, and there's a six-pack of musical Coke commercials.
Artistes whose hard work has been added to the fun are: Baby Dayliner - B.J.Thomas - Box Tops - Bread - D'Cinnamons - Derek's Accent - Don Rich and the Buckaroos - Duran y Orquestra - Elton John - Erik Friedlander - Erik Richter - Esquires Ltd. - Faces - Frank Sinatra - Gary Brooker - Gaucho Gil f.Danyelle Sanders - Glen Campbell - Jack Greene - James Carr - Jim Stevens - Jimi Hendrix Experience - Lighthouse - Louis Jordan and His Tympani Five - Mandy Hutchins - Michael Tokaric - Natives of the New Dawn - Peter, Bjorn, and John - Petula Clark - Roseland Dance Orchestra - Stroke the Toad - T-Bone Walker - The American Breed - The Bob Seger System - The Brooklyn Bridge - The Bystanders - The Guess Who - The Mosquitos - The Replacements - The Savoy Orpheans - The Suburbs - The Youngbloods - Thirteenth Floor Elevators - Tom Jones - and the Victor Orchestra.
Enjoy!
Love and Peace, Clarence

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

This is Marcus from Stroke the Toad over in England. I see your playing our stuff. How cool is that!

Which song btw?

Cheers

Unknown said...

"Long Way Down".
Good stuff!
Thanks, Clarence

Anonymous said...

:) Marvelous...

Can I ask how a bloke from Mississippi happened upon some aging English musos? We don't exactly promote our site - it's just 'there'.

Cheers

Marcus

Unknown said...

There's a number of ways I find artists or tracks: sites that have "similar artists" listings (eMusic, GarageBand), friends of MySpace bands I like, & just surfin' around the web. In this specific case I did none of those things...I've been a Boagworld listener since episode 3 or 4. lol
In fact, I emailed Paul in late September 2005 to let him know a) he had a listener, & b) this waa the only web design podcast I could find (and he emailed me back thanking me for listening). Anyway, I like your show theme music (particularly the close) & it finally occured to me to search on your name. And there was Stroke the Toad's site (among the Pop Star tribute sites). I listened & liked what I heard!
Now you can tell the rest of the band that your Podcasting Stardom has gotten you airplay (or is that bitplay?). And tell Paul that a Cold is not normally Lethal, although every time he gets one he acts like it's his last hour on Earth. I enjoy the podcast, & I enjoy Stroke the Toad!
(and btw, Penelope Keith IS known over here...a lot of Public Television stations play British sitcoms, so I've seen "To the Manor Born" &, my all time favorite "The Good Life" (over here called "Good Neighbors"). Classic!
Love & Peace, Clarence