Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thank you Bobby

Forty years ago Robert Francis Kennedy was shot while campaigning for the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States. It feels like a lifetime ago. I fell asleep with my tv on (& the volume very low so that my parents wouldn't know it was on), and I woke up in the middle of the night to newsmen speaking in hushed tones. I know I must have slept during the following several days, during his fight for life, during the train trip, during the viewing. But I don't remember sleeping. I only remember crying. And I still cry today at the memory of that night and those days that followed.
But I also remember your flaws, your faults, your humor, your compassion, your love, and your lasting works that have changed for the better the lives of so many.
'Some men see things as they are and say, Why.
I dream things that never were and say, Why Not.'

Thank you Bobby. I am better Today for your having passed this way.

Love & Peace, Clarence

No comments: