Saturday, February 12, 2005

R.I.P. Nick Kilroy

(background music - Pouring Water on a Drowning Man /James Carr)

Nick Kilroy started one of the first mp3blogs, gabba/POD. He had the kind of absolute belief in the power of music that made him seem like a friend of mine, despite the fact that we probably never were within several thousand miles of each other and never communicated by mail, email, phone, etc. We communicated by music. His enthusiasm would spark mine. I'd listen to a track he posted at gabba/POD & say, "How'd he know this is just what I wanted to hear?". Or "I hate this, but I see what Nick liked about it.". Nick Kilroy passed on a few days ago.

The miracle of the Internet is people with absolute love of something sharing that love with the world. The sad thing is saying goodbye to one of them. Farewell Nick.

Philip Sherburne (http://phs.abstractdynamics.org/archives/004954.html)
says all this beautifully.
Love & Peace, Clarence

No comments: