Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mr. Olio and His Madnes...er, Method

How does your taste in music run? Mine runs in cycles. I'll listen to primarily (but not exclusively) one genre, and after some days, or weeks, my listening changes to another genre or era. Sometimes related, frequently unrelated...to anything. lol
This is why you may sense patterns in the tracks I add to OlioRadio. One time there may be a fair amount of Sixties Garage Band, another time Drum'n'bass could be most prominent. This year I keep ragging myself that I'm adding too many well-known artists. And the next update (when it comes...and it IS coming :-)) may look too Mainstream. But, Popular Artists are Artists too. And I try to add songs that are less familiar or play performances that are unique.
And, I suppose, anyone who likes Bailey's Lucky Seven, Public Image Ltd., the Canadian Band of the Allied Expeditionary Force, Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, and The Northstar Session (all of whom were among the artistes added in the most recent update) ain't a great judge of what's "mainstream".
Love and Peace, Clarence

No comments: